More Reading, More Growing, More Learning
With a new month, we have a new round of book clubs here at AM Transport. Check out what we are reading this month:
1. So Good They Can’t Ignore You
Author – Cal Newport
After making his case against passion, Newport sets out on a quest to discover the reality of how people end up loving what they do. Spending time with organic farmers, venture capitalists, screenwriters, freelance computer programmers, and others who admitted to deriving great satisfaction from their work, Newport uncovers the strategies they used and the pitfalls they avoided in developing their compelling careers. So Good They Can’t Ignore You will change the way we think about our careers, happiness, and the crafting of a remarkable life.
2. Good to Great
Author – Jim Collins
Yes, you saw this one on last month’s list – it is just too good not to pass around! Read more about it here.
3. What to Do When it’s Your Turn (and it’s Always Your Turn)
Author – Seth Godin
“I’m going out on a limb. Want to come?” Seth Godin has pushed the boundaries again by creating a new book format that reads more like a magazine. The book is in full color and is a collection of short stories and essays that help the reader know “what to do when it’s your turn” in life. This is an urgent call to do the work we’re hiding from, a manifesto about living with things that might not work and embracing tension when doing your art. As Seth describes it, the book
- Explores, as directly as I can, the dance we all have to do with our fears, the tension we all must embrace in order to do work that we care about. It pushes us to dig deep inside so we can do better work and impact the things we care about.
- Is urgent, personal, in-your-face and as honest as I could make it.
4. TED Talks
So this one isn’t a “read” technically… but there are MANY great TED talks out there that can be very inspirational, educational, and can get your creative juices flowing. Here are a few we checked out this month:
- 5 Ways to Listen Better – Julian Treasure
- The Career Advice You Probably Didn’t Get – Susan Colantuono
- What it Takes to be a Great Leader – Roselinde Torres
- The Key to Success Grit – Angela Lee Duckworth
Missed our January recommended reads? That’s ok! Catch up on them here!
Have a topic or suggestion for a blog post you’d like to see? Let us know!
Email us – firstname.lastname@example.org